Friday, October 16, 2009

BYU’s IP&T program goes open and beyond

Okay, it’s been frustrating and challenging weeks for me to decide the exact project I would like to propose. To tell you the truth, I don’t really know yet. So, I decided to pick a project that is not realistic in actuality (I would say it won’t happen for while or at least not easily), yet really exciting to me. My proposal is to get a grant to make our IP&T master’s program open and online degree-offering program.

Let me explain more.

Making our master’s program open means the following:
  1. We create an online-based master’s degree program.
  2. We will develop instructional materials for all of our master’s courses and share them to the public via the Internet (lecture videos, lecture slides, syllabus etc.).
  3. Eventually, we will make the master’s program OPEN ENROLLMENT (yes, we will not reject anyone. Everyone is accepted and get their degrees as long as they can meet the degree requirements).
  4. We will reduce a tuition fee by 75% of current non-BYU student tuition rate (So, financially more accessible for student), but we will not sacrifice the quality of the program.
Now, I know this is a challenging project, but I guess that’s why it’s perfect for this class assignment (and beyond, in my option). So, let us not worry about if BYU allows this initiative or any other possible obstacles. I’m doing this JUST for this class. However, I am committed to make this proposal as realistic as possible and if BYU ever allows, then we can say that we already have a pretty solid plan. Well, enough said, I’m now working on the project outline and budgets.



Please wait for the update...

No comments:

Post a Comment